Tuesday 30 October 2012

Hugs

I talked with an old acquaintance today. He has a lot going on his life right now that is stressing him out to the max. I listened carefully to see if I could help in some way. I heard him say he needs caring for and he needs a hug. Awwwww, it is the hug, the love that we all need. And of course we shared a super big HUG. I wish I could start some kind of Hugging Group. That people could call for their friends and say this person needs a hug and this hugging group would send someone to hug, maybe different people many times a day, depending on the situation. Just hug. And hug. And hug. So that we know we are not alone. And that we don't always have to talk about it. Connection. Love. Hugs. One hug can make you feel good all day.

I've heard that 8 hugs are necessary for each person, every day.

I've tried this with my partner and it works wonderfully for connection: 6 hugs a day for 6 seconds each.

My daughter bought me this book. It warms my heart.

The benefits of hugging:
Eases tension
Fights insomnia
Keeps arm and shoulder muscles in condition
Provides stretching exercise if you are short
Provides stooping exercise if you are tall
Feels good
Overcomes fears
Opens doors to feelings
Helps curb appetite; we eat less when we are nourished by hugs - and when our arms are busy wrapped around others
Dispels loneliness

Hugging is also portable, is ecologically sound (does not upset the environment), saves heat, requires no special equipment, keeps on working to dispense benefits even after the hug's release, and demands no special setting (anyplace is fine for a hug).

Keep on hugging! Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment