Sunday 27 January 2013

Log jam

Hello my friends,
I just spoke with a woman who has been reading my blog. She phoned to see if I was okay - because I haven't done it daily like I used to.  She has the most lovely sense of humour and she makes me howl with laughter, during and also after our conversations. Bless her heart for sharing this little story with me today. Someone knew a poet who wrote a poem every day of his life. When he was in his 80's or had he written every day for 80 years, no matter, someone said to him that he must have a huge amount of fabulous poems. Like, wow! The poet just said he had to lower his standards. Oh so funny! What a lesson for me. You never know where the juice comes from. And I feel all juiced now to write.
I even feel a bit of verbal diarrhea coming on.

So, there is no other way to get out of my head muddle except to do it physically. I walked yesterday. It helped a lot. Then I cleaned, well not really cleaned like scrubbing anything, but sorted out papers in the office, got rid of extra soap bits and bottles in bathroom, filled two blue bags with magazines (I did spend some time flipping through them, which was the fun part), and brought 3 bags of stuff to the thrift shop. And then I sat and had a shot of  maple whiskey and took a bath. I was so warm and toasty going to bed. It is one of the most lovely things to clean out stuff.

However, when I clean out stuff in the house, I also start to see more stuff, like the stuff shoved into the closets, or the stuff behind the stuff I just got rid of. So there is more. It's the same in my mind. I notice some thoughts, I mean really notice them. I find that sometimes thoughts are out at the side of my head. I know they there but almost out of reach of my peripheral vision. I know the feeling when they come to the front part of my head or mind. It's like yeah I knew that all along but just didn't want to acknowledge that I thought that. Or did that. Is that denial? Hmpf! Occasionally it's like a log holding back the water in a river and when you take it out, whoa, water just flows like crazy. So, mental blocks seem like that too, something just held back and then whoosh, here we go again.

In the last few weeks I have been noticing that we are a society of dismissers. I don't know how far into the culture or countryside this goes but from where I am standing I see a lot of dismissers. When someone shares something the other person first looks at what's wrong with it. "That can't be true because....." "No, that's crazy" "You're deluded"  "You're too naive" "I know something better". If we were little kids again what we might say is "Really?" "How cool is that" "Can I try that too?" "Wow" "Let's do it" "I would like to read that too" or any number of magic affirming words.

No comments:

Post a Comment