Tuesday 1 January 2013

Time

Yesterday morning my mom called from Australia to wish me a happy new year. Her "time" is 15 hours ahead of mine. I was talking to her in 2012 and she was already in 2013. Strange that we put so much value in time, which at some time we made up a concept and a way to track this moment to the next moment and so on. Time appears to flow from left to right, doesn't it? What if it's really up and down? I can understand circular better myself. From moon to moon. From rising sun to setting sun to rising sun. That makes sense to me.

Things take time.
Thoughts take time.
There is no time like Now.
Backward thinking? Is that going into the past?
Thinking ahead? Is that going into the future?

AND FOR NO REASON

And
For no reason
I turn into a leaf
That is carried so high
I kiss the Sun's mouth
And dissolve.

And 
For no reason
A thousand birds
Choose my head for a conference table,
Start passing their
Cups of wine
And their wild songbooks all around.

And
For every reason in existence
I begin to eternally,
To eternally laugh and love!

When I turn into a leaf
And start dancing,
I run to kiss our beautiful Friend
And I dissolve in the Truth
That I Am.

HAFIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment