Monday 19 March 2012

100 day challenge

We are doing a 100 day challenge at the yoga studio. Join us!

Choose a sadhana, a sanskrit word for a spiritual practice, and do it for a 100 days. Consecutively. If you miss a day you start from day 1 again.

Your sadhana could be meditation or some yoga postures, tai chi, humming, chanting, walking (alone), or some breathing practices like nadi shodanam and kapalabhati. Pick something you can do every day, work days, weekends, even when a little tired. It's better to do something everyday than a long thing once a week.

It is wonderful to commit to something daily. It is empowering. It is what discipline is all about. It doesn't need to be difficult and hard. It's a decision to do "this" and follow through.

I did a 100 day challenge once. It turned into 200 and 300 and up to 700 days and then I put an end day to it. I stopped at 2 years (730 days). I hummed for 30 minutes everyday. Looking back, it was very satisfying. I took a vacation during that time and managed to do it. The plane was easy. No one could hear me. Relatives got used to it. At the end of the day if nothing else seemed to have worked out, well, my sadhana was completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment