Thursday 15 March 2012

Chairs

I have a love relationship with chairs. I've been told I have a chair fetish. I have to get rid of one or more and I have wandered around the house today looking for a way to keep them all. Could I put one outside? Maybe one here right beside the bed......oh no, can't climb around it to get into bed.

They have all come to me, one by one. One from the Salvation Army, that's the bluish one, one from a wonderful vintage shop, the teak and white-cushioned one, and the nursing rocker I brought home from an antique shop somewhere on the highway between London, Ontario and Barrie. I have another chair I negotiated for at a yard sale. The other buyer said it's too much, $20 for the chair, and you would have laughed to see how fast I pulled out a twenty dollar bill and shoved it into the seller's hand. And it's one of the most comfy wicker chairs I've ever sat in.

Well, it looks like it's not the day to get rid of any. I found a spot for all the chairs, for now. Maybe tomorrow I will know which one has to go. I wish they didn't have so much character.

No comments:

Post a Comment