Friday 9 March 2012

The Grocery Store

The grocery store on a Friday night at 8 pm is not the place I would like to be. Don and I picked up what we needed and were standing in the check-out line. I noticed that I was looking at everything close to me.....the things for sale right in front of me face, the batteries, the magazines, the candy, and the dental floss in little packets. Since I resisted all those things I looked further to the back wall of the store. The back wall was a beautiful terra-cotta colour and funky posters were hanging from the ceiling, and I noticed lovely colours of food cans and plants and fruits in the distance. How nice I thought! A change in perspective and I really "saw" the store as if for the first time. I felt good and chatted and laughed with Lizzie, who was our wonderful smiling check-out woman. We have the choice to be bored or not to be bored and notice something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment