Thursday 3 May 2012

The Boreal Herbal

Dandelion Jelly, Yarrow Oily Skin Treatment, Boreal Skin Oil, and Coltsfoot Cough Syrup. These are some of the wonderful concoctions from this truly terrific book. This is simply the best book of its kind that I have come across. I recently ordered it and can hardly wait for spring growth so I can dip into these wonderful recipes. The book has great photographs and I recognize many plants even growing in my backyard. I have always wanted to forage and with this book under my arm I am going to set forth on this new adventure. Beverly Gray, the author, has written with love about this huge forest area. The book is both an identification guide and a food and medicine-making handbook. She writes "The spirit of the Earth is calling us together to simplify, return to our roots, and live in a symbiotic relationship with nature. Now is the time - nature heals."
Right on!

No comments:

Post a Comment