Saturday 26 May 2012

The thrill of the hunt

I love yard sales. It's my Saturday morning ritual in the spring. I plan the route early in the morning, 8 o'clocks, then 9 o'clocks, and 10 o'clocks. Usually I am finished by 9:25 pm or so. I just drive by some places. I have a good eye now and see from far away if it's worth stopping. It's really the thrill of the hunt. I used to buy lots of stuff when I first moved into my house but I've slowed down. And it's still the thrill of the hunt. I bring home very little......except today.......
First photo shows some of the stash.
Second photo......I bought the whole box for $4.00 but I only wanted one item from it. The woman selling it said it was a camping basket with everything for cooking and eating. She didn't want to separate anything so I bought the whole thing. Guess which item!

Right! The green coffee pot. It is a real treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment