Friday 18 May 2012

Just right

I've been in the garden all day. There are infinite weeds to pull. Creeping charlie is creeping everywhere! The only thing I planted was garlic chives in the ground and pansies into some pots. I've made some soil for pots and wandered around putting the pots with just soil in them into the places they will rest all summer. I've counted all the shady and sunny locations. Every year I say that I won't put as many pots as the year before. But when spring comes I seem to forget the work involved in watering them. They are just so glorious all over the steps and into the garden.

Getting things just right isn't always easy. I try to do just the right amount of gardening to I am tired in a happy way and not too exhausted to even have a bath or eat. I used to do the extremes in gardening, either sitting all day drinking tea, reading gardening magazines and musing what to put where. Now, I am more seasoned and can work for a while and sit and muse for a while. Supper awaits. The herbal bath awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment