Wednesday 2 May 2012

Names

A wonderful man was my dad's room-mate in the senior's home. Every day this man would listen to music, hum and sing with it, and rock back and forth in his wheelchair. His bed was right in front of my dad's bed. My dad lay in bed for most of the day and he watched this happy man. My dad got his vibes. He had his own little cheering concert every day. This man's name was Mr. Bliss. I remember him fondly.

I've read many great gardening articles by a man named Patrick Lima. Now did he pick his gardening profession because of his name? Or did the name pick him because of his future gardening aptitude?

So many names that tell what a person loves. I find it amazing! Now, that I am trying to remember all the ones I have heard, I can't remember them. But I am sure we all know some. I read a lovely book once about Australian Aborigines and how they may change their names many times during their lifetime to indicate what is special about them. There is the listener, the storyteller, the cook, the water finder, and so on.

There are many cultures that get their names from nature. Hill. Lake. Other names come from professions. Smith. Potter.

Names are given by teachers. Mayama. A Sanskrit name.
-It means the Goddess who reflects the illusory power of the Infinite.
-It is another name of the Divine Mother.

How did you receive your name? Does it reflect who you are now? What name would you like to have?

No comments:

Post a Comment