Tuesday 15 May 2012

Opinions

Sometimes I can be very opinionated. Very! When I think about opinions I see them as just a bunch of thoughts that I think are more true than your thoughts. Right? I am glad you agree with my opinion. Now, if I had less opinions I think I would hear better because I would just be listening and not trying to figure out how I can say something more profound and more true than the other person, and thinking all that while I am supposed to be listening. Usually, it's me listening to the thoughts floating in my own mind. Good grief! Minds are weird. No wonder we call the mind an ego. It's just full of itself. Anyway, my homework this week is to look at opinions. My own opinions and other people's opinions to see where they come from, how they build, what happens after I think an opinion, etc. Already I can guess that I won't want any more of them. What is the point?
So, in my opinion there is no need to have opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that if we had less opinions,we might take the time to listen more to what others are actually saying. I'll try your homework and I especially would like to see where my opinions come from, what has shaped them.
    Thanks. Margaret

    ReplyDelete