Monday 28 October 2013

Check-in

I ate all those oat coconut bars yesterday. I had help but mostly it was me. Good grief, put some goodies in front of me and I wolf them down, but gingerly, slowly, a little at a time, so that no one really notices that I ate them all. And right in front of them too.

So, I had oatmeal for breakfast and a smoothie for lunch, instead of an all out big meal. I picked the rest of my kale into the smoothie, frozen blueberries, pumpkin seeds, a little bit of kefir (yogurt would have been good too), some vitamin C powder, and water. Taddah!

I raked some leaves into a big paper bag. I emptied a few more flower pots into the compost. Now, I am sitting by the new window. Oh my! And I feel really good having my tea, writing, and planning my next bit of work at home. And paying attention. This is the best part of my day. This centering, breathing, and checking in with myself. It is necessary for my well being. I so easily keep on going from task to task and not noticing myself at all. There is more to me than a moving machine. Or a thinking, moving machine. And that's the part I check in with, the part of me that is more than my body and my mind. Every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment