Sunday 6 October 2013

To live or not to live.

I haven't written all month and I wonder if anyone misses me. I know I have been busy when I have no time to write. Last night I went to a book launch of Charlie Wilkin's new book: The Little Ship of Fools. I love this man! He is warm, open, and funny! A great writer! He does what he is driven to do. Despite what people say....like you can't do that. In his 60's he rowed a catamaran across the ocean with 15 other people in close quarters for over 50 days. Quarters eight times more crowded than living in the most crowded city in the world, Mumbai. I am so glad he survived to tell the tale of his ocean adventure. I look forward to reading this book!

It makes me wonder if I have ever done anything really exciting. Hmmm, I don't even know. Nothing of this magnitude but perhaps exciting for me. I lived in Finland for a year. That was wonderful. And I left everything a few years back and went to meditate in Mexico for 6 months. Yep, that was definitely a big experience. But couldn't I still be adventurous? Can the real me please stand up? I feel there is infinite depth in me and of course in everyone else too. But do we show this to anyone? Wouldn't it be cool to live with all of our depth? A friend asks me often what's the most fun I can have with my clothes on? I don't know. There is only this one, sweet precious life (at least with this body) and I would like to explore all of this moment. One moment at a time without thinking so much about it all. Thinking is highly over-rated!

No comments:

Post a Comment