Saturday 21 June 2014

Superhero - Day 16

I like playing house. This started when I was very young. I loved playing with dolls. They were well cared for. I especially liked designing their living quarters. My mom and dad used to cut our old clothes into long strips and roll them into big round balls. When they had enough they brought them to a woman who wove them into rugs for us.  I played with these balls on the lawn every summer. I unravelled them and made rooms for the doll family on the lawn. Like drawing design on paper. Sometimes the dolls had a bedroom of their own, sometimes they shared. Sometimes there were long hallways but I prefered spaces with none. Now I like to arrange my stuff. And the garden provides even more area. 

Learning to be a superhero must be learning to be oneself. I can only be myself, but I think I have spent most of my life being what someone else wanted me to be. I try to be interested in going out more - to concerts, museums, parties. But I'm just not. I'd rather putz by myself. And play house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment