Friday 13 June 2014

Superhero - Day 8

II made a rhubarb compote. I kind of made it up. I have lots of rhubarb and since I don't want to eat sugar I thought of stewing it rather than making a jam or cake.
It turned out better than I could have imagined.
I put chopped rhubarb in a 3 quart pot, almost full. I added 2 handfuls strawberries that I had in freezer,  grated rind of a lemon and the juice, 1/2 cup organic cane sugar, and a dash of cloves. (I think an orange would have been better than the lemon). I simmered it over medium heat until just soft. That's it! This is very tart but tasty. I think I will serve it with plain yogurt.

I have so much energy today. I've continued with gardening. Yes, and did my own yoga, meditated, and flossed my teeth. And still drinking lots of water. I feel much better than I have all week. I think I am over the beginning slump. I find that the first few days are the hardest when I start something new and if I can persevere and even get excited about what I am doing, the going gets smoother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment