Monday 30 June 2014

Superhero - Day 25

Today I rested. I think resting is holy. I mean really doing nothing on purpose. 

It's amazing to see that I can't spend a day where I do nothing. I still get up and eat, drink, walk, sit down, look out the window, go outside, look at clouds and so on. I don't think I planned any of it. It just seemed to happen on its own. I do have one thing to do tonight and I put a note on the kitchen table so I can remember. I like to keep the mind empty. And rest. 

I receive creative ideas when I rest. I receive insight. I receive joy and peace. I receive energy. To rest is to receive. 

In yoga we always do a final relaxation where we lie down and do nothing. It's a difficult thing not to do anything. It's said to be the most important part of the class. Where you reap the benefits of the practice. 

Activity. Rest. Activity. Rest. 

Resting shouldn't only be done so yiou can do more and more activity but rather resting for resting's sake. Don't you think?

I lay in the swing under my birch tree. My place of choice for resting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment