Sunday 1 April 2012

Breakfast is for friends

I think one of the loveliest ways to connect with friends is by going out for breakfast together. Our meditation group meets monthly for a Sunday morning meditation and then we go out for breakfast. It's casual and fun. We share differently while knocking back a few refills of coffee and mopping our eggs with our toast. We wake up together.

The day I have breakfast first with friends flows effortlessly with all my got-to-do's. I did something for myself first and felt joyful to see friends first thing in the morning. It's a wonderful way to start a busy weekday too - with friends and food. Plus, I do love going out to eat and my budget allows for more meals when it's out for breakfast rather than a dinner.

My dad used to say he's taking his wife out for dinner - that meant he brought out the bbq in the backyard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment