Thursday 19 April 2012

Just do it!

A while ago, I started putting down myself on my daily calendar. Things like going for a walk, an afternoon nap or meditation (usually my body decides which), and time to study whatever new idea I am exploring. And I have done them as if they were just some of the many things I have to do during the day. But I have given them as much emphasis as any other appointment and am finding how much more fulfilled I feel at the end of the day. It is making me appear busier but in that busy-ness I get done what I really want to do. I started by thinking that what would I do if I had more time. Time seems to always be lacking in my life. So with extra time, what would I do with it? I put those things on the calendar.....maybe not as a daily thing but I did find room. It is quite remarkable that it is working. I love feeling that I have a life outside of the things I have to do. Who would have thought that putting myself first, well, maybe not quite first, but equal to.....would have such benefit. We all know that don't we? But do we do it? Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment