Wednesday 11 July 2012

Grilling

With the weather being so hot I am glad this was the year I bought a BBQ. This was supper last night. And the recipe for baked sweet potatoes follows. It's a recipe by one of my favourite cooks, Jamie Oliver.

I did get up at 6 am today. Yeah! And the day has been wonderfully full! I had time to smell the flowers.

Baked sweet potatoes:

Wash sweet potatoes well, prick skin with a fork all over and rub on a mixture of salt, cumin, and dried chillies. I put the spices in a bag and bounced them around and that worked well. Wrap in double foil so the skin won't burn. Heat on a medium grill for 20 minutes, turning at least once. When done, cut open and sprinkle on fresh lime juice.

These were fabulous with pork chops, of which my brother is the best cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment