Wednesday 4 July 2012

Quick little frozen treats

When the girls were young we lived in the country and we couldn't just go to the corner store and buy a popsicle or a drumstick ice cream. I made my own quick little summer treats-on-a-stick. I made banana ice cream by freezing peeled and chopped up bananas and then putting them in a blender with just enough milk to make them ice cream. And I added just a smidge of vanilla. This really is instant ice cream and it tastes better than you might think. This one we just ate from a bowl.

I also froze yogurt in plastic popsicle trays. Sometimes I mixed strawberries with plain yogurt or bought ready made flavored yogurt. The girls really liked getting their treat-on-a-stick from the freezer and we didn't even have to walk to the store.

I've been looking to make some for myself but haven't yet found the popsicle forms. There are some amazing flavored yogurts. I love Liberty yogurt and thought it would taste decadent frozen. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment