Sunday 15 July 2012

No believing necessary

One of the many things I love about meditation is that I just have to do it. It doesn't have to feel like a "good" meditation and I don't have to try to do anything special. I just have to do it. When I do meditation it works on me. When you do meditation it works on you. Meditation as in being still and silent. Being in a being mode rather than a doing mode. Just being. Just this. I should really say when "I be still" rather than "I do meditation". It's kind of like talking about sleep. You can't. You can only sleep. You can't talk about meditation either. You can only meditate. You know you were in meditation when you aren't any more. You can only say you were in sleep when you aren't any more. Contrast is a wonderful thing.

I was reading this afternoon....something about emotional fitness.....and all of a sudden I had an understanding that my life situation at any time is the field or the place of happening for my beingness. It is the playground or the ground of being. It is the school. And what I am learning is wholeness, healing, and healthiness. It's all about that. And we each have different life situations or stories but that's not the real deal. The real deal is what we do with it. The real deal is what we learn during the living. How to be alive. How to be wholly what we are.

I saw the trap of my mind. My mind is a trap if I believe every thought that wanders through. If I don't believe my thoughts I am free and happy. Joy comes on its own. I don't really have to do anything. Yet, I do. I meditate. And understanding and "ahaa" moments flow from that. It's not really doing but I have to apply myself anyway and just do it. Don't you just love words?

No comments:

Post a Comment