Monday 16 July 2012

Quick and easy blueberry tart

Here is a recipe I have used for years when I crave something sweet but not too sweet.

175 grams margarine or butter
300 ml flour - I use all rye flour with the blueberries, whole wheat works wonderfully with everything and I haven't tried it but I bet that brown rice flour would be good for gluten free
100 ml sugar - I always use a little less
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Bring butter to room temperature. Mix all dry ingredients and add the butter and mix thoroughly with a fork. Pat into pie pan and up the edges.

Fill with frozen or fresh blueberries. Sprinkle a little bit of lemon juice and a little bit of sugar and maybe not at all. Bake at 400 F for 20 to 25 minutes.

This recipe works well with raspberries too but don't add the lemon juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment