Friday 6 July 2012

Homemade Tortilla Chips

These taste great crumbled in a soup or used to dip into your favourite salsa.

Corn tortillas (you can use flour ones too)
Oil
Salt

Brush oil lightly on both sides of tortillas and cut into the shapes you like, triangles or little squares, etc. Put on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt or any other spice you would like on your chips. Cook in a 375 F oven until nicely browned. If I make bigger shapes like shown here I usually put one layer and then flip over during cooking. If I make smaller squares for dropping into soup I put a big pile on pan and stir the pieces a few times during cooking.

I even eat these with nothing on them. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Hi - where are you finding corn tortilla's? We have been searching the city for them (used to get them at Safeway or SuperStore or Wal-mart) but can't seem to find them anymore. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete